Life will definitely not be the same in the aftermath of the COVID-19 pandemic. Organizations will be forced to re-examine traditional and conventional approaches to achieving their objectives. Technology will become the center of business continuity and success. As the saying goes “once bitten twice shy” – organisations would not want to be found wanting, nor exposed, should another pandemic occur. Municipalities will therefore also need to evolve and re-assess their operational processes.
It is on this premise that RCA, as a leading provider of technical support within the South African public space, has the following comprehensive integrated solutions for municipalities:
OFFSITE ACCESS TO MAIN SYSTEM
- Provision of a CISCO VPN solution that allows for the following:
- Municipal employees to access the municipal network from any site and perform tasks when they are not on the municipal premises
- Jumpbox-based solution that allows routing of traffic
- Cloud-based South African hybrid hosting for data recovery purposes
MUNICIPAL MOBILE APPLICATION FOR RESIDENTS
- Provision of a mobile application that allows for the following:
- Municipality to issue bills directly to consumers on the mobile app.
- Consumer access to municipal accounts.
- A payment platform for settling of issued bills.
- A platform to report faults and raise complaints.
- A platform to directly send communications and notices to consumers.
- Android and IOS mobile application.
The above solutions will ensure that municipalities remain functional and able to perform administrative tasks during lockdowns, whilst consumers will still have access to their accounts and be able to pay outstanding bills on their mobile phones from the comfort of their homes.