Supply Chain Management is at the centre of all contracts’ regulatory inception and monitoring. Most municipalities have numerous running contracts, some still under adjudication, and others already advertised.
- Contracted service providers not being able to perform work due to the lockdown.
- Contracts that will expire during the lockdown.
- Advertised tenders that will expire during the lockdown.
- Tender adjudications that were in process before the lockdown.
- Emergency appointments to be made during the COVID-19 crisis.
- Risk of increased irregular expenditure due to exposure to emergency appointments.
RCA RESPONSE SOLUTIONS
- Engagement with all service providers over contract timeframes and milestones. Where contracts will not be completed within previously agreed timeframes, facilitate contract extension processes in line with the MFMA and Supply Chain regulation requirements.
- Facilitate submission date extensions on tenders that were due to close on dates within the lockdown period, based on the duration of the adverts before the lockdown was implemented.
- Monitoring and support for emergency appointments, ensuring they do not result in irregular expenditure.
- Facilitate adjudication implementation plan that will ensure that all adjudications are completed.
- Service Level Agreement management taking into account the effects of lockdown on commitments made before the lockdown was enforced.